In General Edit
The 2077 to 2078 New York World's Fair was the last International Expo before the bombs fell. Located in the "Flushing Meadows–Corona Park" east of Manhattan Island it now stands as a painful reminder that there once were brighter times ahead. Currently, a small settlement is blooming betwixt the old ruined pavilions of yesterage.
Interestingly, the park hosts a variety of technological prototypes that never went into mass production because of the great war. It's a reason why the ruins attract scavengers, looking for rare technology.
This Wasteland is not yet featured in any RP. But will be a continuation of the Fallout: New York Roleplay
'WoT' Frequency Edit
Wonders of Tomorrow Frequency is a prewar radio frequency any model pipboy can tune in to. It plays fair jingles that promise a better future.
- The fair is based on the original 1964 New York World's Fair
- This fair also doubled for Stark Expo in Iron Man 2 (2010)
- Initially the fair wasn't a success. Mostly due to budget constrains and the absence of some nation states, most notably the USSR
- The 1964 fair was the third post-second world war world expo. Only preceded by the "1958 Brussels World Expo" and "1962 Seattle 'Century 21' Exposition". All of them are remembered for their atomic age positivism
- The fair has also featured in Disney's Tomorrowland (2015)