The chatroom can be entered on the mainpage, from the sidebar, or from the header at the top of every page. Editors using the Monobook skin have to append "?useskin=wikia" to the end of the URL if they want to use this feature.
The rules for the chat are pretty straightforward, generally the same as most chatrooms. The rules are as follows:
1. No direct insults.
2. Any form of harassment, including sexual, will be appropriately dealt with by moderators present.
3. Revealing personal information about other users (e.g. real name, location, age, gender, etc.) without their consent is not allowed. Linking to external social networking sites such as Facebook, Myspace, or Twitter can also violate this and can constitute instant bans. If another user tells you confidential information, or asks you to keep to yourself, do it.
4. No trolling or spam. Don't constantly repeat yourself or post links to the same page or picture. If nobody responds to what you said or posted, try again in 5 minutes or so. If you still get no answer, drop it. Do not post several lines of capital letters, links, large walls of text, or illegible lines of text. This rule also covers whining and complaining, and this type of behavior will be treated as spam.
5. Don't be a dick. This includes (But is not limited to) instant kills while RPing, acting unrealistically overpowered, and so on. This ruins the experience for other users, and will not be tolerated in the chatroom.
6. Moderators have the ability to ask users to change a controversial topic if they or another user wishes. Ultimately, this is the decision of the moderator in question and users should not keep bothering the chat to change it.
7. Roleplaying is the theme of this Wiki, but the topic in chat will often not be the Roleplay. If other users are just chatting, you can ask them to Roleplay with you, but if they decline, just drop it. This goes the other way too. At this point you are complaining, which also violates rule 4.
8. What a person with a star says, goes. If you are asked to stop doing something, then stop. The mods have the final say, so any kicks or bans are with cause.
Ultimately, the punishment for violations of rules are up to the mod. However, this guide is what is to typically be used for most cases:
- First violation: Warning
- Second violation: Kick
- Third violation: 2 hour ban
- Fourth violation: 3 day ban
- Fifth violation: One week ban
- Any more violations and you will be permanently banned from the Wiki.
Ignorance of the rules is not acceptable, and you will not be treated differently for not knowing them.